Are you outgoing and great at engaging people? Are you passionate about the environment and protecting threatened animals and plants? Are you organised and do you have good computer skills? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
VESS has a position for a project officer to conduct awareness about species in Vanuatu threatened with extinction. The position will also involve administrative tasks at the VESS office in Port Vila. The job will be based in Port Vila with some travel to the islands to conduct awareness campaigns.
- Minimum qualification of a year 13 high school certificate SPFSC however candidates with a Bachelor Degree in a natural science subject will have an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion and enthusiasm for the environment and conservation.
- Previous experience in project implementation desirable
- Computer literacy including email and Microsoft suite.
Salary: 300-400 VT per hour commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Language: English, Bislama, French is an advantage.
Closing Date for applications: 5 pm Friday 2nd December
How To Apply: Please address your cover letter (max 1 page) to Dr. Christina Shaw.
In your letter please include one paragraph about a threatened species found in Vanuatu that you are passionate about. Please mention why you believe its conservation is important and what measures can be taken to conserve it.
Send you letter together with your CV (max 2 pages) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no need to send academic record or references at this stage.